Fraud committed against the Department of Defense
Defense Contractor Fraud
Fraud committed by defense contractors is one of the largest and most significant areas of fraudulent activity that is addressed by the False Claims Act. The common methods in which defense contractors have defrauded the government include the following:
- Charging under an inappropriate contract or multiple contracts in order to maximize return;
- Falsifying charges or lying about products or services delivered;
- Use of substandard materials and product substitution;
- Fraudulent cost allocation;
- Failure to deliver a product that complies with contract specifications;
- Falsifying time entries;
- Failure to properly test a product.
Mr. Shoemaker has over 15 years of experience as a trial attorney and is a partner in the law firm of Patten, Wornom, Hatten & Diamonstein, L.C. ("PWHD"), based in Virginia.
There can be many types of defense contractor fraud. Mr. Shoemaker, his partners and associates are available for representation nationwide. If you are aware of fraud committed against the Department of Defense we encourage you to contact us online or call us, toll free, at 1-888-611-4599 or 757-223-4560. One of our paralegals will review the facts of your case with you and then Mr. Shoemaker will call you and discuss your case with you free of charge.